Thank you for your interest in the Wedding Connection. With 32 years of planning and coordinating experience, we have organized events and have worked all over the Bay area, Santa Cruz County, Monterey Bay and Carmel Valley and even Hawaii and Southern California.
We offer varying levels of service so whether you are in the beginning stages or at the end; we can be of help to you. Initially, you may need our help in finding a site that fits within your budget and meets your esthetic criteria. After your location is secured and your date is set, we step into the next phase of the planning.
Our fees are based on the services you require and the amount of time it will take to perform them. Our rates range from $2300 – $,5000, depending on the site you choose and the individual services you require. $3500 is the average rate to coordinate the ceremony and reception, but it does depend on if it’s in one location or two, how many guests, how many in the wedding party, who will be the coordinator and if we will need to bring an assistant. For private estates, pre-negotiated discount fees apply.
Ceremony and reception coordination always includes reviewing contracts, confirming all vendors, creating a timeline and distributing it to vendors, planning and running the rehearsal, maintaining a spread sheet of expenses and paying vendors the day of the event. Site inspections and meetings are included in the pricing as well as negotiating their contracts. Day of coordination typically is $2600. It’s based on the 40 hours of work that it takes to do your event and includes all office and phone time, reviewing contracts of vendors already selected, referring vendors if needed, a walk-thru for schematics, attending the “wrap-up” meeting where your menu is created and the timeline framework is laid out, running the rehearsal and overseeing the entire event from start to finish, creating a timeline and distributing it to all vendors, planning and running the rehearsal and our presence from start to finish of your event
You may wish to begin with an initial consultation in our office which includes creating a financial budget, overview planning and preliminary site search for a location. This is initial consultation is $65.00. We will make vender referrals based on your individual budget and needs. We work with a wide variety of talented and reliable of people in the industry many of which are bonded through us. Below are the various categories of vendors and services that we can help you with:
- Florists Lighting
- Caterers Rentals
- Photographers Tenting
- Musicians DJ’s
- Invitations Cake
- Hair & Make-up people Limousine & Shuttle service
- Valet Parking Videographers
- Rehearsal dinner locations Lodging recommendations
- Childcare services Day-of event Insurance
The following are some of the things we commonly do for clients, however, you can count on us to do whatever needs to be done to assure you a wonderful and memorable day.
- Assist with creating a realistic financial budget
- Vendor referral and appointment scheduling
- Vendor contract review
- Walk-thru with caterer, advise on menu development
- Create Floor plan
- Create and distribute timeline for day to vendors
- Etiquette advisement
- Assist in lodging
- Assist in creating assigned seating plans
- Assist in ordering invitations including proper wording and etiquette
- Confirm and coordinate all vendors prior to your wedding day
- Attend and manage rehearsal
- Instruction of duties to wedding party and ushers
- Supervision of ceremony site and reception set-up
- Organize processional line-up for ceremony
- Coordinate ceremony regarding music, photographer, & Video
- Oversee and coordinate reception
- Act as vendor liaison for the wedding day to ensure all duties
- are being performed properly as discussed
- Communicate with all vendors throughout the day to ensure the timing stays on track
- Confirm and communicate transportation needs for the day
- Act as troubleshooter for any unforeseen problems that might arise
- Collection of personal items/gifts
- Overseeing vendor cleanup
- Make sure bride and groom eat, enjoy themselves and have a worry-free day!!
Since our clients tend to be very busy, we often handle much of our work by phone, Skype and e-mail. We will keep track of deposits, money owed to vendors, contracts, and any correspondence necessary for the planning of your wedding day.
Thank you for considering The Wedding Connection to be a part of your special day. Please feel free to schedule an appointment to see how easy it can be to plan the most important day of your lives. We look forward to hearing from you soon.